Warts are abnormal skin growths, mostly non-cancerous in nature, caused by the virus Human Papillomavirus (HPV). They are commonly seen on the hands, soles, fingers and around the nails. The HPV virus feeds on open skin that’s usually a result of damages such as scratches, cuts and nicks.
Warts can spread from one part of the body to another and from one person to another. The virus spreads when you touch warts on your body or on someone else’s body, or touch a surface that has been in contact with warts such as bathmats, towels and razors.
Types of Warts
- Common warts occur on fingers, toes, knees and elbows and around the nails. They are grainy to the touch and a shade darker than the skin surrounding them.
- Flat warts appear as tiny brown, yellow or pink spots on the thighs, arms and face. They have a flat surface. As they are tiny, it can be difficult to notice their occurrence immediately.
- Plantar warts appear on the soles. They appear as small holes on the feet with thickened skin around. Unlike other warts, plantar warts grow into, and not outside, the feet, which makes walking very painful and uncomfortable.
- Periungual warts form around and under the fingernails and toenails. They can cause pain and affect nail growth.
- Filiform warts appear as spiky formations around the nose, mouth and eyes. These warts match the colour of your skin. They spread very quickly and are very unsightly.
- Genital warts can form in the vagina, anus, cervix or around the vulva. With contact, they can spread to the mouth and throat. It is important to have genital warts examined by a doctor as some can be cancerous.
Electrolysis for Wart Removal
Warts are ugly and uncomfortable. You can improve your quality of life with timely and efficient treatment though. Electrolysis is a safe and efficient method for removing warts from any part of your body.
The procedure generally involves the introduction of thermolysis current into the affected area. A sterile disposable probe is used to introduce the current into the required area. The process can be a bit uncomfortable but not painful. With a short follow-up treatment, you can get rid of your warts permanently.
Choose Luxe Hair and Skin Clinic for the best electrolysis treatment in Garforth. Our specialists can treat over 20 different types of skin problems including warts using the latest and safest in skin treatments. We have qualified therapists for electrolysis and employ the highest standards of quality and hygiene for our treatments.
We are conveniently located in the prestigious Holiday Inn hotel, Garforth. When you are looking for high-quality aesthetic treatments in Garforth, look no further.
Click here or call 01138 715 922 now to book an obligation-free 30-minute consultation.